Aware Products Inc., a personal care, beauty and OTC drug products formulator and contract manufacturer is seeking a Line Maintenance Mechanic to provide technical support and ensure maximum efficiency, productivity, and quality for the filling and packaging equipment in our Chatsworth California facility.
The Line Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible of the following:
- Maintain equipment in a safe operating condition.
- Insure that line equipment set ups are performed correctly, following set up sheets in order to meet quality and efficiencies standards.
- Perform scheduled equipment preventive maintenance on a regular basis.
- Repair equipment breakdowns using diagnosis and troubleshooting techniques with the aid of equipment manuals and blueprints.
- Knowledge of working with 24VDC and or up to 220VAC 3PH
- Use of hand and power tools i.e. Power drill, Jigsaw, Sawzall, Circular saw, Volt Meter.
- Initiate changes and modifications to equipment for safety, ease of operation and
- Train and guide production personnel in the safe and proper line equipment operations and set ups.
- Write, revise and update set up sheets.
- Keep inventory of spare parts and inform Supervisor when they need to be re-ordered.
- Perform test work orders.
- Insure that production lines are ready to start on time as instructed on the daily production schedule or as requested by the production supervisors.
- Exchange information with other team members and supervisors on a daily basis.
- Inform supervisors of any unusual situations (i.e. bad components, equipment performance, etc.) or changes made to the equipment during the day.
- Comply with the company safety rules, standard operating procedures and follow GMP guidelines.
Other responsibilities as assigned by the Department Manager.
- high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Hands on Filling, labeling and packaging equipment experience. Equipment troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities. Able to work on ladders and lift 50 lbs. intermittently; heavier parts lifted using other methods.
- Experience with the following equipment: Norden Tube Fillers, MRM/Elgin Rotary Fillers, In-line Fillers, Portable Piston Fillers, Resina / or PackWest Cappers, Video-Jet Ink Jet Printers, Accraply and CVC Labelers.
- Basic mathematical skills including but not limited to: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Flexibility to work on any of the 3 shifts and available for OT (including weekends) as necessary.
- Personal tools as required to perform set-ups and maintenance (metric and standard sets). Aware Products does not supply tools.