Bulk Manufacturing Manager
The Bulk Manufacturing Manager directs, supervises, and coordinates activities of a team of compounders who perform chemical processing and batch mixing for the creation of bulk material needed for production. This individual owns department operations, ensuring production and quality of products meet deadlines and specifications. All processing is performed in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Quality Systems Regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Health and Safety requirements.
- Responsible for managing a 30-person, multi-shift operation comprised of Compounders, Engineering Mechanics, and clerical staff.
- Drive continuous improvement activities by optimizing existing processes, procedures and batching instructions; evaluate, design and install process systems that will improve compounding capability and productivity.
- Be accountable for accurate usage reporting of chemical raw material (bulk and non-bulk) and finished bulk product.
- Achieve KPI’s for safety, quality, schedule adherence, financials, and production.
- A bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry or other engineering discipline preferred (willing to consider combination of education and 7+ years blending operations or batch processing experience in lieu of degree)
- A minimum of 7 years supervisory experience of compounding or chemical processing multi-shift operations in a manufacturing plant environment
- Experience in over the counter / personal care / or pharmaceutical environment is preferred. Will also consider candidates with food manufacturing experience if production includes wet-based products.
- Can share examples of meeting/exceeding KPI's for safety, quality, schedule adherence, financials, and production.
- Can share examples of leading and motivating teams to high performance in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Experience with cGMP procedures and knowledge of safety, OSHA regulations
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This role offers a generous compensation and benefits package!
Voyant Beauty is a full-service partner to the personal care and beauty industry and a leading value-added manufacturer of innovative hair care, bath and body, and skin care products to both established multi-nationals and fast-growing emerging brands.
Voyant Beautyhas 7 manufacturing facilities across the USA and Poland with 3 Innovation centers located in New Jersey, Chicago and California. The company employs more than 1000 people.
Come join in the excitement!