We are currently looking to fill a 2nd shift Packaging Supervisor who will oversee and coordinate all aspects of Filling/Packaging for new or existing products, supervise day-to-day line operations, safety, Planning/scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities in order to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards and batch record specifications.
Production Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Full understanding of Filling and Packaging technology and the capability effectively identify issues, conduct appropriate root cause analysis and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Effective Process and equipment Analysis of downtime and efficiency performance.
- Ownership of production line performance and maintain/update of visual data/controls.
- Communicate process/equipment delays to appropriate levels of management as well as subsequent shifts
- Work with other production employees to improve line performance (uptime and efficiency)
- Always reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Plan and schedule tasks; provide leadership and motivation to the team
- Approve time and attendance; obtain overtime authorizations
- Interview and train new team members; ensure team members are following proper policies and procedures.
- Drive Lean Initiative for your area of responsibility which includes; Performance Boards, Metrics Updating, Huddles, 5s, and process improvement on lines.
- Complete end of shift reporting.
- Other projects/tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Manufacturing Environment experience as a supervisor preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership; positive attitude with ability to motivate a team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency required (MS Office Suite experience preferred).
- Ability to work long hours and Saturdays as needed during peak seasons or as business dictates.
Voyant Beauty is a full-service partner to the personal care and beauty industry and a leading value-added manufacturer of innovative hair care, bath and body, and skin care products to both established multi-nationals and fast-growing emerging brands.
Voyant Beauty has 7 manufacturing facilities across the USA and Poland with 3 Innovation centers located in New Jersey, Chicago and California. The company employs more than 1000 people.
Be part of the excitement!
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.