The Process Engineer provides technical support and coordination between Voyant Beauty customers, internal R&D and plant operations during new product launches and restages, beginning with feasibility activities and ending with first production batch.
Recent college graduates will not be considered for this role as we require a minimum of 3 years of experience with transfer and scale up of new formulas.
- Conduct bench and pilot batch activities for new product, restages, and existing products; maintain an in-depth understanding of the product properties and formula while troubleshooting problems that arise
- Conduct activities that coordinate and support the ‘Right First Time” quality control measures
- Assist in the transfer and scale up of new formulas from R&D to compounding
- Review formulas with chemists, author manufacturing procedures to optimize production of the formula, maintain the quality and aesthetics desired, and ensure batch to batch consistency
- Collect production data (ex. mixing times and speeds, transfer and fill temperatures) and apply standard methods to analyze, document and diagram production processes
- Participate in pre-pilot and post-pilot production meetings
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output while cutting costs
- Observe Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
- Maintain appropriate records and complete necessary reports in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering. Chemical Engineering degree preferred. Skilled in understanding emulsions and the science behind the chemistry.
- 3+ years of thorough experience in pilot lab, bulk lab, or related process development.
- Experience working in a fast-paced consumer goods/regulated company strongly desired; experience in the cosmetics/personal care and contract manufacturing industry preferred.
- Six Sigma certification and/or LEAN equivalent is desirable.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of process improvements.
- Goal-oriented with well-developed communication, organizational and computer skills; strong Spanish speaking skills desired.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About the Company:
Voyant Beauty is a full-service partner to the personal care and beauty industry and a leading value-added manufacturer of innovative hair care, bath and body, and skin care products to both established multi-nationals and fast-growing emerging brands.
Voyant Beautyhas 7 manufacturing facilities across the USA and Poland with 3 Innovation centers located in New Jersey, Chicago and California. The company employs more than 1000 people.
Come join in the excitement!