Voyant Beauty, formally Aware Products Inc.is a leading personal care, beauty and OTC drug product formulator and manufacturer. Voyant is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support our Sales and Innovation team.
Voyant employees are customer focused and thrive in a demanding quick-response, can-do, positive environment. Innovation and customer experience are crucial in setting Aware Products apart from competitors, and this role is essential in that effort.
This position will be responsible for updating and maintaining the company’s formula libraries to meet current customer demands and regulatory requirements as determined in collaboration with the VP of Innovation and Strategy. A strong standard of literacy and numeracy is essential. It is necessary to be diplomatic, persuasive, and have solid communication skills. The right person for this role will have an in-depth understanding of the current cosmetics market and trends that are influencing change.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work directly with VPIS to identify formulas to update or add within the current formula libraries based on corporate strengths, trends, customer demand, market opportunities, and regulatory requirements.
- Write and submit lab requests and redirects to R&D.
- Coordinate with lab to determine priorities for lab requests based on CDP, availability of raw materials, and scheduled presentation dates.
- Work closely with R&D to ensure lab submissions are on target for look, cost, and performance.
- Manage evaluation, testing, and approval of lab formulas.
- Work with Regulatory to obtain regulatory documentation for approved formulas.
- Write new product profiles for approved formulas and update current library profiles to reflect any updates.
- Work directly with product development coordinators and sales to provide product sheets and samples for product library bases.
- Maintain inventory of the product library samples.
- Ensure that the Product Library is updated and current with product sheets available for each formula.
- Become fluent in both the Epicor and Aware ERP systems as it relates to job functions.
- Manage and distribute production retains for sales and innovation teams.
- Work directly with the VPIS to identify new concepts and bring them to fruition.
- Support VPIS on paperwork for new concepts to be presented to the team.
- Support VPIS in creating product briefs, cost targets, fragrance, and prototypes for new presentation.
- Assist in developing presentations for our new and existing customers.
- Attend and assist in customer meetings when VPIS is unavailable.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasker who likes to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge and passion for beauty industry and beauty products.
- Effective problem-solver who is committed to producing products of exceptional quality.
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, execution, and follow-up skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively present and explain conceptual ideas.