Forklift Operator-2nd Shift
Responsible for locating pallets from the receiving dock into storage racks, pulling pallets from storage for pick-lines, and using handheld scanner to record all transactions in the system while utilizing Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Get packing slips from driver or from back of the freight
- Inspect incoming load before start unloading
- Look for damages or smell
- Check the loads and verify packing slip
- Unload material from trucks in Receiving area
- Finish unloading truck
- Bring BOL with breakdowns to Receiving Clerk
- Put away material in the racks
- Get labels from Receiving Clerk and put onto the material
- Scan materials in the rack so it can be found in AS400
- Exhibit safe work practices
- Put away unloaded materials into racks
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for his position.
- Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Certifications: Powered Industrial Trucks
- 1 year working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- 1 year experience operating powered industrial trucks
- Must have good judgment and depth perception when operating order pickers and standup high-lows
- Must be able to understand simple instructions in English. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Able to participate in a team-oriented environment, willingness to assist and train others
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work overtime
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, move throughout the facility and be comfortable in confined spaces. Must be able to lift/pull 50 lbs.