We are currently in need of Supervisors who will oversee and coordinate all aspects of filling/packaging for new or existing products, supervise day-to-day line operations, safety, planning/scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities. The Supervisor ensures meeting customer requirements including deadlines and quality in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards and batch record specifications.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Has a complete understanding of Filling and Packaging technology with the capability to effectively identify issues, conduct appropriate root cause analysis and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Effectively analyzes process and equipment downtime including efficiency performance
- Owns production line performance and maintains/updates of visual data/controls
- Communicates process/equipment delays to appropriate levels of management as well as subsequent shifts
- Works with other production employees to improve line performance (uptime and efficiency)
- Always reflects organizational core values and strives to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Plans and schedules tasks; provides leadership and motivation to the team
- Approves time and attendance; obtains overtime authorizations
- Interviews and trains new team members; ensures team members are following proper policies and procedures
- Drives Lean Initiative for your area of responsibility which includes: Performance Boards, Metrics Updating, Huddles, 5s, and process improvement on lines
- Completes end of shift reporting
- Other projects/tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing environment experience as a supervisor preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Leadership; positive attitude with ability to motivate a team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Computer proficiency required (MS Office Suite experience preferred)
- Ability to work long hours and Saturdays as needed during peak seasons or as business dictates
Generous compensation and benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental and 401K match.