The Chemical Buyer is responsible for partnering with Scheduling, Customer Service and the Analytical Labs to ensure the flow of purchased materials to support the requirements from safety stock, forecast and customer orders by the purchasing of specific commodity codes. Additionally, this position supports the achievement of inventory goals by continual review of inbound and on hand materials.
- Purchasing of chemicals (bulk, totes, dry, powders & liquid).
- Responsible for creation of P.O., target pricing, negotiations, expediting and completion of PO
- Assist with reviewing and revising purchase orders to meet Customer priorities
- Contact Master Scheduler and Customer Service with any material delays and/or disruptions of materials for any reason
- Maintain item set up for pricing, lead-time, MOQ, regulatory documents and vendor data
- Coordinate inbound logistics by working with vendors and carriers to meet required delivery
- Track monthly vendor performance metrics both by vendor and by customer
- Proactively perform cycle counts and analyze material losses
- Review raw materials for cost savings as well participate in cost savings projects
- Responsible for the costing of all pilots and guaranteeing appropriate vendors for all materials
- Obtain regulatory documents
- Send monthly forecast to vendors
- 5-8 years as a chemical buyer in a manufacturing environment
- Buying in ERP system environment and implementation.
- Inventory Control/Logistics Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
- Problem solving/Analysis
- Communications Proficiency
- Decision Making.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- APICS experience preferred
- Detail focused and possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong PC skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
- Have previous experience within process manufacturing, inventory control, or production environment.