1st Shift- Shipping Coordinator
About the Company:
We are a fast, flexible and dynamic, system-based strategic partner of the health and beauty industry for over 30 years. We specialize in the development, manufacturing and distribution of the world's most noticeable personal care and OTC drug products.
To learn more about our company, please visit our websites:
We’re seeking a highly-driven and motivated Shipping Coordinator (1st shift) to join our dynamic team in Hodgkins, Illinois.
The primary function of the Shipping coordinator is to support and coordinate shipping and receiving activities. This includes supporting the scheduling of deliveries and outbound trucks. The role will also monitor products throughout the delivery/shipping process, follow up with carriers, staff and accounting. If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
- Prepare and execute the shipping of finished product.
- Determine product that is available to ship by checking the “Released to Ship Query” in crystal.
- Create loads to be shipped using deployments provided by the customer planners.
- Provide Voyant Beauty forklift drivers with pick sheets to prepare the loads.
- Order trucks using the method specified by each particular customer.
- Create a daily shipping log and driver sign in sheet.
- Generate the paperwork in MAX for each shipment which includes the packing list and BOL along with all customer specific documents.
- Confirm pick up appointments with the carriers.
- Greet and sign in truck drivers .
- Assign trucks to the appropriate door for loading.
- Provide paperwork to and coordinate Voyant Beauty forklift drivers who will be loading the trucks.
- Organize and close out (post) the completed Voyant Beauty paperwork for each load.
- Send shipping ASN to the customers and DC using the customer system/method.
- Scan and send the completed paperwork to accounting for billing purposes.
- Track the totals for Chep pallets sent out and report the totals.
- Ship any requested FedEx/UPS packages.
- Control inventory of finished goods in the warehouse.
- Conduct any other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- High school diploma required; Associate's degree preferred
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to speak and write professionally in English
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to work in a change oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong, Consistent and reliable attention to details