3rd Shift Washout Mechanic D
The Sanitization team disassembles, cleans, sanitizes, and reassembles filling equipment, pumps, and other systems to prepare them for production. Strong mecahnical abilities to use hand tools are required to be succesful in this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to tolerate working in a wet environment where often times clothing becomes wet.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Excellent safety and attendance records.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Perform daily functions of cleaning and sanitizing of production filling lines.
- Packaging line-wet parts, pumps, processing hoses and PreWeigh containers, bulk storage vessels and totes.
- Disassembly and reassembly of various filling equipment parts
- Adhere to GMP’s/SOP’s and housekeeping standards.
- Execute production schedules issued by department manager.
- Comply 100% with all documentation requirements (OTC, Cleaning, Safety checklist etc).
- Maintain area of responsibility in a clean, organized, and tidy manner.
- Communicate with Processing and Packaging to prioritize needs.
- Improve Parts control. Cleaned and Sanitized parts are to be “bagged and tagged”.
- Maintain a spare part area (gaskets, reducers and clamps)
- Support floor with “Wet Parts” change-over.
- Identify damaged change parts.
- Ensure change parts arrive and are returned as complete sets.
- Work with floor to improve changeover times.
- Lead efforts to improve washroom efficiencies.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Record data and log all activities.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Adhere to all Safety standards.
- All employees are trained, provided with, and required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k,)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development