Primary responsibility to manage high volume complex launch procurement of components and raw materials from suppliers related to specific turnkey customers. Manage the development of all material necessary to support new product launch.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Purchasing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Establish project timelines, monitor project milestones throughout the development and production process to ensure on time delivery of new product launches
- Resolve all timeline issues, negotiate with appropriate departments and develop tactical plans when missed due dates occur to bring programs back on track.
- Collaborate with sales and suppliers to review all launch of packaging / raw materials
- Key contact for development on new product launches regarding to packaging and raw materials
- Work with Finance to set up new supplier
- Identify potential risk
- Obtain supplier samples, engineering specs and track to ensure all has been provided
- Ensure supplier cost is aligned with rfq cost., Lead time and MOQ.
- Provide suppliers with necessary purchasing documentation, purchase orders and regular reporting on first time orders
- Support special projects with the procurement process for turnkey customers and collaboration component/ raw material review.
- Run regular exception reporting and address issues. Ensure system and data integrity in all areas of information necessary to support the strategy. Ensure purchasing processes are maintained
- Responsible for procurement of materials, services and supplies at the lowest cost in consideration of consistent quality, reliability of source and urgency of need
- Preparation of purchase orders in a timely manner and ensure effective follow-up to expedite shipment and delivery. Obtains certification of delivery and shipment as required
- Lead ongoing measurement/communication of key performance indicators
- Responsible for the PPV process established with each turnkey customer
- Responsible for airfreight authorization coordination and tracking
- Manage dates in system against agreed upon production schedules and quantities with suppliers
- Development and implementation to improve strategies related to the turnkey procurement process
- Work closely with key cross-functional internal and external stakeholders
- Resolves problems related to purchasing, delivery, receiving and payment to the supplier; determines source of the problem and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Collect and prepare data for fact-based negotiations, supplier communications and meetings
- Review MRP exception reports and screens to initiate and plan requisitions for purchasing materials. Work closely with planning to ensure material requirements are received on requested due dates
- Assist in reviewing excess and obsolete inventory to take required action to meet corporate goals.
- Attends daily/weekly meetings and provides status updates to the Materials group
- Assist Materials Manager in velocity reporting and adherence to goal
- Maintain conduct consistent with company policy and accepted CGMP practice
- Maintain monthly and weekly reports for department (OTIF, SWAT,PPV, etc)
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for his position.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in business management, supply chain, procurement or related discipline
- Certifications: CPM certification desired
- 5 years minimum purchasing in cosmetic, fragrance or chemical turnkey manufacturing environment, launch buyer.
- Hands on technology skills include AS400, Excel, Access and MS Office. AS400 information systems environment for requisition, purchasing, and payables cycles. E-Procurement process and system experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a high degree of emphasis on accountability for customer service levels, inventory management, cost reduction and quality/GMP or ISO9001 compliance
- Proven track record of success in managing and implementing solutions in spite of operational challenges. Preferred applicants will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, conflict resolution and negotiation capabilities
- Detailed understanding and experience implementing best practices in the area of purchasing materials management and new launch procurement.
- Good math skills. Excellent planning skills. Good customer service and supplier negotiation skills.
- Strong follow up, follow through, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- High detail-oriented, analytical and strategic approach to the planning and purchasing process
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues, initiate actions, and make effective decisions
- Customer focused to meet both internal and external customers
- Experience with ERP systems and working knowledge of MRP/JIT/Kanban/VMI or other lean planning and purchasing systems
- Ability to communicate effectively as required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to utilize a computer, telephone, fax and copy machine as well as other general office equipment. Strong computer skills are required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, type and move throughout the facility. Must be capable of using a keyboard for computer purposes.ADVERSE WORKING CONDITIONS
There are no adverse working conditions associated with this position