1st Shift- Shipping Coordinator
About the Company:
Voyant Beauty is a full-service partner to the personal care and beauty industry and a leading value-added manufacturer of innovative hair care, bath and body, and skin care products to both established multi-nationals and fast-growing emerging brands.
Voyant Beauty has 7 manufacturing facilities across the USA and Poland with 3 Innovation centers located in New Jersey, Chicago and California. The company employs more than 1000 people.
Come join in the excitement!
We’re seeking a highly-driven and motivated Shipping Coordinator (1st shift) to join our dynamic team in Hodgkins, Illinois.
The primary function of the Shipping coordinator is to support and coordinate shipping and receiving activities. This includes supporting the scheduling of deliveries and outbound trucks. The role will also monitor products throughout the delivery/shipping process, follow up with carriers, staff and accounting. If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
- Prepare and execute the shipping of finished product.
- Determine product that is available to ship by checking the “Released to Ship Query” in crystal.
- Create loads to be shipped using deployments provided by the customer planners.
- Provide Voyant Beauty forklift drivers with pick sheets to prepare the loads.
- Order trucks using the method specified by each particular customer.
- Create a daily shipping log and driver sign in sheet.
- Generate the paperwork in MAX for each shipment which includes the packing list and BOL along with all customer specific documents.
- Confirm pick up appointments with the carriers.
- Greet and sign in truck drivers .
- Assign trucks to the appropriate door for loading.
- Provide paperwork to and coordinate Voyant Beauty forklift drivers who will be loading the trucks.
- Organize and close out (post) the completed Voyant Beauty paperwork for each load.
- Send shipping ASN to the customers and DC using the customer system/method.
- Scan and send the completed paperwork to accounting for billing purposes.
- Track the totals for Chep pallets sent out and report the totals.
- Ship any requested FedEx/UPS packages.
- Control inventory of finished goods in the warehouse.
- Conduct any other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- High school diploma required; Associate's degree preferred
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to speak and write professionally in English
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to work in a change oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong, Consistent and reliable attention to details
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not limited, to the motor/physical abilities and skills require of position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
While undertaking the essential duties and responsibilities of the position, the employee must repeatedly sit, listen, speak, type and move throughout the facility. Must be capable of using a keyboard for computer purposes.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our company does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Voyant Beauty complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.