About the Company:
We are a fast, flexible and dynamic, system-based strategic partner of the health and beauty industry for over 30 years. We specialize in the development, manufacturing and distribution of the world's most noticeable personal care and OTC drug products. We’re seeking a highly-driven, dynamic, motivated Microbiology Technician to join our dynamic team Chatsworth, California.
As a Microbiology Technician you’ll be responsible for performing all phases of Microbiological testing for Quality Control and Research and Development. The position reports into the Microbiology Manager and entails great challenges and career development. If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
- Performing all phases of Microbiological testing:
- Aerobic plate counts on products, bulks and raw materials.
- Enrichment procedure.
- Preservative efficacy testing (PET).
- Environmental testing:
- Monthly air plates
- Weekly Water testing.
- Auditing of proper cleaning and sanitation of equipment.
- Able to prepare all media necessary for testing
- Proper documentation of all test samples.
- Monitoring and recording of equipment temperatures.
- Proper operation and maintenance of the autoclave.
- Maintain all records.
- Manage laboratory supplies.
- Conduct any other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in the physical sciences. HS Diploma or GED and equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to communicate problems as they arise and feel comfortable working with all departments
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a change oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Strong, Consistent, reliable attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work OT when necessary – including weekends.