The Compounder position performs blending activities in the compounding operation, manufacture personal care products (skin and hair) in a cost competitive environment, follow defined manufacturing procedures to produce high quality product and operate machines to blend approved formulas.
- Retrieve ingredients necessary to fulfill order, strictly following batch card.
- Provide clear, accurate, documentation of each phase of production process on batch card.
- Working knowledge about chemicals, and process parameters (temperature, pH, time).
- Ability to operate pumps, mills, homogenizers, mixers, controls, and electrical processing equipment.
- Ensure smooth functioning of equipment and troubleshoot sources of malfunction
- Maintain and clean equipment in good order per applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), Working Instructions (WI’s), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Operate in a team-based environment supporting entire department’s goals; communicate all information at change shift to assure continued, efficient production.
- Understand averages, ranges, ratios and percentages.
- Understand measurement systems (dimensions, weights, etc.) to correctly use meters ans scales.
- Handle raw materials prepared for each batch, lift items manually and/or with the aid of hand jack, pallet jack, and forklifts.
- Move totes of materials and transfer finished batches to specific areas for product manufacturing.
- Recognize chemicals names; observe abnormal characteristics through quality inspection of product and ingredients.
- Perform manual and automated tank cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Follow strictly company environmental policies and handle all cleaning and waste materials properly.
- Use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the task.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by supervisory management.
High School Diploma or GED
2-5 years relevant blending or compounding experience, cosmetic or personal care setting preferred.
Ability to read, understand, document and maintain records as required.
Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Ability to operate forklift, pallet jack and drum lifter
Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. intermittently; heavier parts lifted using other methods.
Flexible to work any of the two shifts and OT (including weekends) when needed